The Edge of Never

The Edge of Never  - J.A. Redmerski I really want to be fair to this book. I think that the story was sweet, and kind, but unoriginal. I liked both of the main characters, but I didn’t feel the connection to them I thought I would. The book in my opinion is so slow, basically nothing happens before we get to the halfway mark. I always thought I was a wondering soul, but apparently I’m not, cause as much as the road trip was fun, once they stopped in any one place, I don’t know I just didn't find them all that interesting. I don’t know what to write, I honestly think that my opinion of this book is overshadowed by another book I read recently. I think that I’m actually having trouble writing this review, because this book is forgettable. Both characters are in fact at a standstill in their lives, and they decide to set out on separate adventures, ones that lead them first to each other, and then to so many other places in the continental united states. But that’s about it, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

The story felt very ordinary, and maybe that works for some people, and I will admit that they had me going for a while with the mystery of Andrew, but honestly I thought for a while that there was no mystery. Perhaps if it was played up a little bit more, the drag would not have been so evident. I do like that there was a real change in both of them. Camryn came out from under hat cloud that had been over her for the past two years. This cloud that she couldn't seem to be able to shake. Andrew is on his way to visit his sick father when he meets this girl, who he wants to add to his life for some unknown reason I liked Andrew enough, he had some alpha qualities, but not enough for me. And I also liked that Andrew was able exorcise several of his own demons. I loved the idea of the Greek myth being thrown in there as well. But Andrew was carrying all this around, and I thought that she would’ve gotten it out of him way sooner, especially because he made it abundantly clear that she should always speak her mind, so she should've just told him that its really bothering her that he's not telling her something.

I’m giving this 3.5 because I don’t want to discredit this book, but like I said, I might be biased cause I recently had my mind blown by a book, and so maybe my expectations were really high. But I would tell you read the book, I don’t highly recommend it, but if you have it on you TBR list then got for it, maybe I missed something.