Storm

Storm - Brigid Kemmerer So in the first official book of the elemental series, and it’s about Chris who stole my heart in Elemental; maybe only because he seemed so left out before. But overall this was a really good official start to the series. The plot was intriguing, and kept me on my toes the entire time. I felt that it was hard to predict what would happen for most of the story. The characters stole the show for me. I think having a cast of characters that were so different, made the story even better.

Chris is quiet, and strong, he is the youngest, and from Elemental its clear that perhaps the bullying that his brothers have had to endure wasn’t as bad for him cause he always endured bullying at the hands of the twins. I wish that Chris and Michael were able to rebuild their relationship like it was before the parents died. It is clear that they care very deeply for each other but the stress f losing both their parents caused a serious strain on the their rrelationship. I admired Chris for his bravery, he took a lot of blows, and I think that was because he was so much like Michael. He didn’t want to cause trouble, however, when given the chance to avenge some of the wrong that has been done to himself and his brothers, he grabbed the opportunity. I think watching his romance (if you can call it that, it was very tame, and barely there sometimes) with Becca was frustrating. Becca was not my favorite person in the book, I think she was confused (like most teenage girls, ) but she was also constantly playing the victim with frustrated me a lot. But when she was saving Chris, or he was saving her, there were some really beautiful and intimate moments that I liked in there. I wish she would’ve stood up to the a-holes who were making her life difficult earlier, cause it was unnecessary for her to be tormented as she was. We also meet Hunter who is Becca’s other love interest, and Hunter at first is pretty cool, I think that he walks everywhere with his German Shepherd Casper , and that he takes such good care of him. Though I have to say that by the end of the book, Hunter was not a character I cared much about, and I think it sucks that he gets a book before Nick. Now Nick is just the chill kinda guy that I like, and he seems to be able to stay out of fights, that’s probably because his twin is always getting into them, so the people around have someone to beat up on. I liked Gabriel though he was a hot head.

Overall I think the book is a 4 star read, but it lost a star simply because the end was lacking and unsatisfying. The story just ended so abruptly, it wasn’t a cliffhanger, and it wasn’t an ending. It left a bad taste in my mouth, so I removed a star. (would’ve been a half star if GR would allow that) But I do want to say I recommend the series, it has a lot of potential in my opinion, and I think I’ll be reading all the other books.