Playing for Keeps

Playing for Keeps - R.L. Mathewson So this book has been on my TBR for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to it. But I have to say I loved this book. It was so witty, and fun. I loved how the relationship developed between Jason and Brooke, it was never insta-love instead it was a lot of back and forth, and fighting and fun. I think this was one of those really realistic books, that just seemed to capture the essence of these two's relationship. I think the author was just so good at telling a story that was just about a relationship, but it was never boring. I loved how honest both Jason and Brooke were with themselves, though, it took them a while to get to the point where they were comfortable enough to tell each other what they were feeling.

I liked that Brooke had to fight for them, because it was clear for most of the book, Jason felt that he didn't deserve her for several different reasons. And so I was happy that she showed him that he was more than worthy of her.

My one major complaint, the book ended kinda abrupt. I'm not even sure of some of the timing of some of the important details, but it was a really great read, and I can't wait to read the next one.