Wicked Cravings

Wicked Cravings - Suzanne  Wright 5+++++++++ stars!

So, for me this was one of the most highly anticipated books of the year. After finishing the lasting book, and loving EVERYTHING about it! Including the always in control Dante, I was very very anxious to get my hands on this book. And let me just say, that it did not disappoint in the least. I thought that there was not a single moment that wasn’t perfectly positioned, to make this book out to just be AWESOME! I loved the plot, the pace, the characters, the language, the banter, the relationships, the twists, the EVERYTHING, I loved everyfreakingthing about this book. (well there was one thing, that kinda bothered me, but we will get to that later).

So if you loved Taryn, I’m positive you’re gonna love Jamie. She is the undercover alpha female. But she just so amazing that I can’t find a quote that single-handedly captures her awesomeness. She is a wolf who transfers into the Phoenix pack from Trey’s original Bjorn pack. She grew up with most of the guys, and has loved Dante forever . But he has almost always pushed her away, though we find out some things about that in the book, that shows that he didn’t, but for now he did. But Jamie finally decides to stop pinning for Dante, and try to move on with her life.

"Good. Because nothing and no one will keep me out of your life, Jaime. Not even you.”"

Then of course Dante realizes that he has a huge crush on Jamie as well (now that she’s wearing super tight clothes and going out on lunches, and dates and such). And as messed up as Jamie is, Dante is pretty damn broken as well. But he hides it well. So well it was hard to tell if Jamie didn’t explain it.

“You know you want it, Jaime. I know you want it. I heard you once before say you love the new-car smell. I can’t wait to christen it. You can ride me in the front seat. Up and down, up and down, up and down on my cock until—”

Now let me say. If you were a Trey Coleman fan, you are already a Dante Fan. He is so hott! He is always vying for control, and he knows everything. But i think that even passed all of those things, Dante is so damn swoon worthy because he cares. And he cares a lot. He cares with his heart and soul, and everything in between. I think that the way he loves Jamie, is so special. It never feels like he’s not on her side (even when he isn’t) he is always looking out for her best interest, and it shows.

“I’m pretty sure we went over this yesterday, big guy. Just because you and I have close encounters of the best kind doesn’t mean you get to control me or baby me.”

But he tries to do both those things throughout the book. One thing about their relationship that I loved was that there was no secrets, no hidden insecurities, Jamie was always very very upfront with Dante about how his actions might be affecting her. I also loved that she was always willing to listen to him when he explained his protective behaviors (and he had to do this often), she was patient, listened and then the two of them worked out their issues together.

"“So she’s not a morning person?”
“Ignore her, she’s just horny.” He grunted when she flung her hairbrush at him.
“I take it her training session will be delayed by you having to take care of her condition.”
Dante grinned. “I wouldn’t be much of a protector if I didn’t take care of all her needs, now, would I?”
“Oh the sacrifices we make.”"

So I cannot discuss this book without discussing the steam factor which was pretty much blow the roof off the building hott! I have to say that this book, had my heart racing, pupils dilating, and me just overall too distracted. I loved every single scene, which was always unique, and always better than the last. I think Dante is beyond adequate, he might even be beyond Trey adequate. I love it.

So I can’t complete this review without talking about the secondary characters. Who were featured a bit more in this book that the last one. Greta is still an old mean bitch, but I love that Jamie, is always ready for her with lines like:

"We were simply bouncing on the bed to test the endurance of the springs. Is your mind always in the gutter?”

We get to know the enforcers a bit better. Still love Dominic way more, and I hope we get to his book soon, though I don’t think we’ll get to read his lines if he has a girl so I take that back, Dominic can be the last. Also, we really got to see Marcus who quite the trickster, he is so sly, and manipulating, I really liked that. The one downside, was that Tao has a stick up his ass, and I hope he gets laid soon, cause he and Greta seem to deserve each other at this point. We get to meet Taryn and Trey’s pup, and learn some interesting things about them. I really was moved by Shaya’s story, and I want to say that she is a great character, and I hope that she gets the HEA that she deserves.

So it was everything I wanted in the second book of this awesome series and more ! I think that Ms. Wright and I may have our differences on certain things, but the lady knows how to write werewolves like no other. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment of the series. Noe this last quote, I couldn’t find a place to put it so I just left here, the awesomeness that is Dante and Jamie.

"Moving his hands down to cup her ass, he said, “Wanna go to bed and play doctors?”
Chuckling, she punched his arm. “No, I don’t.”
“Sorry, that was immature. How about playing gynecologists?”

Awesome group read with all my fave group reading buddies! Special thanks to Steph for organizing it!