Dark Lover

Dark Lover  - J.R. Ward Fantastic Book 4.5 stars!

So i finally get what all the fuss is about. This book had everything, an insecure, but strong and vulnerable hero, and feisty and sweet and kick ass heroine, villains I didn't like at all, and wish would've died after meeting them once, and a fantastic supporting cast. JR Ward has created a world that I have to say is just perfect for the set up of a series of books such as this one. I think that the pace is awesome, I never felt like the book was moving too fast or too slow, I was never bored, though there were a couple of times in there where Mr. X just needed to go away so I would get back to Beth and Wrath.

Screamers was packed tonight, full of women wearing leather and men who looked like they had advanced degrees in violent crime.

The premise of this series is so different from other vampire stories, its the first time that vampires don't need human blood to survive, which is interesting, and bonding and stuff is so cool. I love the storyline with the Omega and lessers, I think that is going to get even more interesting throughout the series. The Scribe Virgin I am now a fan of because I think she has other motives, though I don't know her all that well to be able to absolutely hate or like her. I think that JR Ward did an excellent job of balancing the storyline so that yes Wrath and Beth's stories were in there, and they were intriguing and a big part, but also including the stories of some of the other characters who are close to them. Having so many characters in one book can be hard on the reader, having to remember names and back stories, but I have to admit I never got confused, I was able to balance all of them in my mind without a second thought. Also, the sex scenes had my legs shaking, like trembling, I can't even imagine how Beth could walk after some of those, lol.

"My Lord-" "If you want something from me, don't lead with that,"

Wrath, the last pure vampire, such a burden to carry among his other burdens. I think that Wrath is one of those alpha males that his the perfect balance, of strong, and vulnerable. He knows what he wants, and he goes for it. But throughout this book, it became more and more clear, that there was more to Wrath than just a kick-ass warrior. He is the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, and I feel like he leads with an iron fist. I felt that there were so many sides to him, but his tortured soul was my kryptonite. He was so loving and caring when it came to Beth, to his brothers. I think his protective nature, and his sense of loyalty to his brothers was the thing that I enjoyed the most. Well, that and his amazing way with words. There were just moments in there, where he was so sweet, and other times, he just put his foot in his mouth, but I think that he was just defensive by nature.

But there could be no woman more perfect fro wrath than Beth, she just had all the right attributes for him. She was sweet, and kind, and forgiving, and loving , and very very alone. I think the last is why they were so great together, because they were able to bond over so much, they both had no one left in this world, and so when they met, they knew the value of holding on to something special. "My God this had to what people talked about when they waxed poetic about sex. She didn't question the need to have him inside her, She only knew that she was going to die he didn't take his pants off. Now." I felt that the sexual attraction between wasn't forced. They cared about each other, and even as he tried to push her away, Beth held on to Wrath with everything she had, and it was that and her strength that really made her a likable character. She trusted the entire brotherhood without hesitation, she was so willing to let them into her life, because they were all the family that she's ever known.

The supporting characters were amazing as well, and I can't wait to get to know each of the brothers more in the series. Tohrment and Wellsie's story is another one, that I really liked, I don't think they get their own book because they are living their HEA, but I enjoyed the fact that there were vamps who loved their shellans and who could commit to them. I think that couple is such a good support for Wrath and Beth. I loved the story with Butch, I thought it was annoying at first, and random, but once that starts, it becomes clear why his story needed to be told in this first book. I think that this is one of those series that really lives up to the hype, and I can't wait to read the others.