Ugly Love

Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover I don't know why I ever doubted Colleen Hoover.

Best book of 2014 thus far

“It’s the beautiful moments like these that make up for the ugly love.”

This was such a ride. And it was masterfully crafted. I have to say that the blurb of this book really got me. I wanted to know how love could be ugly. How being with someone could cause you so much pleasure and so much pain at the same time. And boy did I get a lesson. A hard, sad, and depressing lesson.

I close my eyes and wonder how in the hell this whole thing between us will ever end well.
It can’t.
I can already tell because I never want to do this with anyone else ever again.
Only Miles.

Tate (ok i’m not going to lie I had serious issues with that name) was just such a fantastic heroine. She is so far my favorite for the year. There was no stupid complaining or crazy mix up and there is not another woman who was more perfect for Miles. She is young and so open to new things, and different experiences. I don’t think she would’ve made it through one night with Miles otherwise. Although she’s young she no where close to being a typical annoying NA heroine. Instead she is just at the right point in her life to be able to take on all the baggage that Miles comes with. I also loved the relationship between Tate and her brother Corbin. THye had just one of the funniest but at the same time super realistic relationships. They live together, they care for each other and are very close, but they never discuss their love life or relationship status at any point. That part is just kept secret or untouched. I thought that was very interesting and also funny.

“It’s gonna hurt,” I warn. He laughs as though he knows pain and to him, this isn’t pain.

Miles
I have to be perfectly honest with myself, he was a prick more often than not, but when he wasn’t a prick he was just such an awesome guy. He did the sweetest things, said the sweetest things, and was just perfect. And I think my attraction to him really was from the fact that this book had back and forth with the past and the present. But Miles had something about him that just made me want Tate to stay even when he was a prick, even when there was no logical reason why she should stay I wanted her with him. Because I know that Miles deserved to be happy, he deserved to smile and he deserved someone who would do anything to make those two tings a reality for him. I think that more than anything else, the fact that Miles didn’t want to be loved really was the most endearing thing about him.
“That’s not how it goes,” he says. “When life gives you lemons, make sure you know whose eyes you need to squeeze them in.”

So… Colleen Hoover, I’m hoping that Corbin and Ian get books as well because they were so awesome. Captain Sam was fantastic and a real different addition to such a story. I loved the relationship that developed between him and Tate.

I suppose if a man lived through the ugliest side of love, he might never want to experience it again.

Another bestseller for sure. I was apprehensive about giving NA a try, (its not my thing) but CH made me love her YAs and she has done the same with NAs for me. Anyone who has doubt should know that this book is worth more than an average try.