Complete Me: A Novel

Complete Me: A Novel - J. Kenner ***ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.***

So this review is gonna be a rant, I’m stating this upfront. I really struggled with the rating on this book. And here’s why:
J. Kenner is a talented writer, she clearly knows how to create characters that are so lifelike, and that will impact you in ways that dont even make sense. But it's also frustrating because her pacing makes me bipolar.

The beginning of this book, is a whirlwind, it picks up with Damien standing trial in Germany, and Nikki standing next to him. It’s so exhausting having to wait to know what is going to happen. And then BAM! That’s wrapped up and we move on to the next couples of LONG BORING chapters.

Then at about 75% something else comes up that is so totally different, and out there, and intriguing, and for the rest of the book, I was kept on my toes. So when the book ends, I freaking love it. But I forgot what happened in the middle. So I think that J. Kenner is either a genius or just plain evil. But I have to say that I did not walk away from this book with a sour taste in my mouth. I want to know these people, I loved Damien so much, and my heart broke for all he had to endure. But Nikki stole my heart. Her character really underwent a metamorphosis, that I did not see coming. She was this girl in the first book, but by the end of this book she is a woman. One who loves the man she is with, but one who is ready to possibly face a life without him. The inner strength that Nikki finally finds within herself, was so amazing.

So what can I say? I can’t say that the pacing was off, I in fact have to say that the pacing was ingenious, because the book leaves this amazing taste in your mouth. Looking forward to more from J. Kenner. Read the book, it will toy with your emotions but at the last page you’ll be happy you read it, I promise.