Sacrifice (Elemental)

Sacrifice (Elemental) - Brigid Kemmerer ARC provided by Kensington Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

So we finally get Michael's full length book, and I have to say... I'm not sure how I feel right now.

Here is the truth I think I've always been in love with Michael Merrick, maybe because he's the only brother that I can say that about without feeling pervy, maybe its because we're both the eldest sibling, maybe its because I knew this book would be depressing as hell cause Michael has always gotten the short end of the stick.

But I wasn't expecting it to make me feel like I should've just left this series alone. I can't even say that it was the writing, it wasn't BK writes really well, and the story development was great. It was the plot. Michael was just getting hammered by life over and over and over again. NONFREAKINGSTOP! I couldn't imagine being him. And it NEVER stopped not even at the end. This family is in shambles, I don't know if there are plans for more books, but I don't think I even want to pick them up because it was so hard getting through all of this. And I think the nail in the coffin for me was the fact that the hits never ever stopped, so we get to the end, and there is something that is so great, but you're so depressed from everything it doesn't even sound that great, it sounds like more trouble for Michael.

I'm sorry I'm so torn about how to rate this book, but for me I don't think it was better than OK, but for more than half of the story I was so drawn in that I couldn't stop reading that really is what made me give it 3 stars...