Cake

Cake - Lauren Dane ARC provided by Harlequin via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

"You little bird, are welcome to any and all of my cookies. I'd even share my cake with you."

So Cake was just was sweet and yummy as the title suggests. I had a really fun time with all the characters. I think that this was a unique story for several reasons. Firstly the fact that the main character is Russian born, and I don't think I've come across many Russian heroes in my reading. I liked the twist that having him made. Even the little background on his family's migration to the US was good. Another unique feature of this novella was the fact that there was a real art component to the story. And the heroine, Wren was very knowledgeable about the art world. I thought the story was excellently paced for a novella, and I feel like I know the characters so well. The POV (third person) made getting to know both of the main characters really easy, and I enjoyed the entire book! The sex scenes were steamy, and fun, and Gregovi was so...manly and fun in bed. I hope to read more from Lauren Dane in the future.