Dangerous Curves Ahead

Dangerous Curves Ahead - Sugar Jamison *** ARC provided by St. Martin’s Press via NetGalley ***

Wow I haven’t laughed this hard in a while. This cast just had me from the very first scene. I think that Ellison Garret is one of the most beautiful and strong women inside and out. She is so amazing and brave, a former lawyer she left her high paying fast life in NY and moved to Durant a small town where there is still a main street, to open up a store for women who can’t find clothes in other places. And she also left her dick of a boyfriend behind, and he really wants her back. Then she runs into Mike Edwards a former crush, and the relationship that ensues is so much fun, that I found myself not wanting the story to end just so I could get a little more of these two.

The Good:

The Banter: I have to say that this was probably why I loved the book so much. The back and forth between Mike and Ellie, was always so funny, but loving. I have to say it was relaxing to see them be so free and easy with each other especially knowing the history that they had (yes there was history here).

“You haven't said a mean thing to be in hours.” He pressed kisses to both of her cheeks. “I’m starting to think you don’t like me anymore.”

Ellis’ Internal Dialogue: The way Ellie views the world is almost through the most outrageous glasses, the things she thinks is just almost always enough to have you rolling on the ground. But then she also says sweet and loving things especially when she’s referring to Mike.

How dare this pompous, wheat-grass drinking, gluten-free eating, horse faced woman talk about her customers like that?

The friends: I loved the supporting cast. I think they were just who both Mike and Ellie. Colin who is Mike’s BFF, is Scottish (need I say more?) and so cute. He just had the funniest lines that were just the right lines to add the comic relief sometimes needed. Then there were Ellie's friends. Who just as funny, but also as supportive of her finding her happily ever after.

Collin “ For fuck’s sake...I’ve been sitting out hrtr for the better part of an hour freezing my bollocks off.” Mike shoots his friend a look, “It’s seventy-five degrees asshole.” Collin shrugged
Figuratively speaking then.”

The Bad:

Ellie’s insecurity: she was always so unsure of everything. I mean she made this huge decision to leave her high paying lawyer job to be a shop owner and seamstress, yet every time a big job comes up, she wavers and gets scared. Someone who has made just a decision should be sure of her talents that have led her to current job.

The robberies: I’m sorry I just rolled my eyes when that mystery was unfolded, I thought it was kinda weak to be honest.

The Ugly:

That breakup at the end: It felt to me like she was trying to prove something that was just unnecessary at that point. It actually made me not like her. And I thought that they’d been through enough by then, so when she broek up with him again, I was disappointed in her. Though there was an HEA did left a sour taste in my mouth.

Overall, a fun and entertaining read. Looking for an emotionally unchallenging, and quick read about some great characters, this is your book.