Masked Innocence

Masked Innocence - Alessandra Torre ARC provided by Alessandra Torre via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book had so many unexpected twists, and turns, but what else can be said about this couple and their lives. I think what I loved about this book was how much we learned about Brad. For most of the first book, and even the novella Brad was mystery, but so much of his past comes into play during this installment.

This is a journey that these two have began, and it seems like fate is not on their side. The first half of the book Brad and Julia struggle with normal couple issues. Which I will admit made the first half kinda drag. Her dealing with having to hide their relationship, her boss being a workaholic, insecurities over friends and exs accepting their relationship. But then something happens that puts them both to the test. They are thrown into this whole new world that I never dreamed would be a part of these series.

Brad shines in this book. I think thats mostly because of the dual POV, but you can really feel the depth of his emotions when it comes to Julia. He has so much to lose by opening up to her. And when things get really heated, and she wants to run, Brad lets her have it, I really loved that scene. Hearing (or rather reading) him pouring out his heart to her, about who he is, and why he loves her, was just so raw.

I also loved meeting some of the important people in Brad’s life, and seeing how they related to Julia, especially his housekeeper Martha (she’s my fave). I think this book really showed some of the difficulties that exist with these two as a result of their different backgrounds. But it really built them up into a great couple. By the end there was no doubt in my mind that these two belonged together. I really like where this storyline is going and I can’t wait for more from this author.