Under the Moon

Under the Moon - Rose J. Bell This is my first book by Rose J. Bell, and I can’t wait to read another. I have to start by saying that I’m not a big NA book fan at the moment, but this one stands out in a sea of books that all seem to blend into one another. Here is a story about finding the strength to live after you have lost so much.

Selena was driving the car when her father and two other people were killed in an accident, for the last 3 years she has survived with the guilt that is constantly eating at her. But somehow Selena manages to talk care of her sick mother, try her best to care for and guide her rebellious younger brother, and be a friend so many people in the hospital where she works. But there a deep sadness that seems to shroud Selena, until one night a stranger walks her home from work. And that stragner changes everything for her.

Keenan on the surface has everything a 24 year old could want, a rich family, supportive parents, a great extended family. Well everything except the total use of his left leg, which was stattered in a mugging that claimed the life of his best friend. Just like Selena, Keenan is walking around with a lot of guilt.

But there was something else these two have in common in Keenan’s cousin, Grace who is also Selena’s friend (and a patient at the hospital). It was Grace who really brought them together, as they tried to support her through her illness. The relationship is very slow to develop because both of these characters have seriously fortification walls built around their hearts, but they work hard to try to get passed their insecurities.

I have to say that I loved the relationship of Keenan’s family. The fact that these three cousins are so close, and love each other so much. I thought this was a book with a great plot and unforgettable characters. I can’t wait to read more from this author.

*** ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review ***